Monday, October 22, 2012

On Halloweekend/Update

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays.  Which is odd, because I spent many years of my life with a pathological fear of Halloween decorations.  No haunted houses for me, thanks.  But when I was younger, I used to love the ridiculous Halloween costumes that my mother and I would plan out (which always won me awards and free stuff, and we all know how much I love free stuff), even though my request in sixth grade was that I wanted a costume that, for once, I could sit down in.  Try sitting down in an operating traffic light costume.  Do it, I dare you.

Not the point.  The point is, that as I got older, my costumes got slightly less inventive, but I never stopped enjoying planning them out, even as college began putting demands on me for four and five costumes over the course of Halloweekend.  Which is why it made me slightly sad to realize today that Halloween weekend is only four days away (three depending on who you ask), and I haven't even thought about a costume or plans or anything.  I think it's partially because Halloween isn't really that big a thing here (and because I've had a lot of other things on my mind recently), but it just makes me sad that it could have snuck up on me like this.

On the bright side, Tivoli has this gorgeous and magical Halloween village that made me really happy, so I'll attach some photos of that.  Regularly scheduled rant posts will resume in a few days.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!