Tuesday, June 27, 2017

It's been six months since the last time I posted. I'm not sure what that says, considering that writing more was an overall goal of mine for the year. I wish I had a better reason than being tired and busy, which I think may just be a side effect of adulting.

These aren't really coherent thoughts, but I wanted to present a short list of things I've learned in my 25 years while I'm feeling kind of reflective.


  1. Your heroes, even your biggest, most larger-than-life heroes, are people. They will make mistakes, and not always own them, and sometimes that will be okay.
  2. Asking how someone is doing, and genuinely being interested in the answer, is one of the easiest things you can do to show you care.
  3. You are under no obligation to make other people happy.
    1. This is not open season to be a dick, though.
  4. I am HORRENDOUSLY uncool. Accepting that you are uncool is the first step in living a slightly more liberated life. 
  5. Sometimes self-care sucks: drink some water, take a shower, get out of bed, go to the doctor. It's good for you.
  6. Sometimes self-care is great: bake cookies, eat cookies, take a bubble bath, pet a puppy. It's good for you.
  7. Fighting is exhausting. Have fun with it or you'll burn out.
  8. WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES AND SUNSCREEN.
  9. See #8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!