Monday, April 4, 2011

On "So go on, if this will make you happier..."

Dear Readers:

It is 4 am, and I can't sleep.

I haven't had insomnia this badly in quite some time, and, to be honest, it is kind of throwing me.

Luckily, I have the room to myself this weekend (so I don't feel bad for keeping my roommate up). You want to know the weird part? I can't sleep because I'm happy. Happier than I've been in a while. I would explain the details, but I would probably bore you and/or embarrass myself on the internet, so I'll spare you. The fact of the matter is that I laid in bed for an hour and smiled giddily and couldn't sleep. Then I took a shower and talked to myself and smiled some more and still couldn't sleep. And now I'm blogging because I still can't sleep. I always thought I couldn't write when I was happy because I had nothing to complain about.

I found out that I also can't write when I'm sad (especially not when I'm sad and trying to mask it by keeping myself busy). Things haven't really changed in the situation that made me sad in the first place, except that I found out why it happened. And knowing that has made me happy.

Speaking in broad generalities for the sake of protecting people and keeping personal information off the internet is fun.

I'm really tired. Class tomorrow should be fun.

Happier,
Rachel Leigh

P.S., Watch this video of silly college boys singing the song I'm quoting in the title of this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V60d4EF3v6g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!