Wednesday, April 6, 2011

On Listening

I'm highly auditory.

I still have yet to learn how to really incorporate images into my posts here because, well, they don't really click with me. I can stare at walls of text and, as long as I can hear the writer's voice, they don't bother me. A lot of times, I actually skip over images, which I know is a dangerous thing to start doing, because it eliminates a lot of important context for the things being discussed.

Why am I talking about this? Well, one of the blogs I follow for my English 383 class (I linked to MY class blog a couple posts ago, go check it out) did a post on learning styles. I feel like auditory learners get passed over in these discussions. Maybe it's because the traditional lecture-style teaching techniques actually work on us. I LIKE lectures. I like the way things sound.

God, if I could incorporate sound into my blog posts without violating copyright, I would. For now, I have to settle for the poetic way the words roll around in my head.

So how do you learn?

Listening,
Rachel Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!