Friday, June 22, 2012

On Denmark/An Update

So, as I've mentioned before, in two months, I will be studying in Copenhagen.  What I have neglected to mention is that, from research that I've done and people I've talked to, I've come to the conclusion that Copenhagen is some perpetually-dark-and-overcast place where everybody is absurdly quiet and people leave their babies on sidewalks (no kidding, like, people have made a point to tell me this).

Also, that it's cold.  Have I neglected to mention that I'm not a big fan of the cold?  I really like sundresses and shorts and sunglasses...cold weather isn't really conducive to that kind of lifestyle.  Instead, I've been freaking out about needing boots and a winter coat and about 34809384083 more sweaters than I currently own.  Even though I'm pretty sure I can bring exactly 3 articles of clothing with me on the plane to Denmark.  (Whaaaat? I don't exaggerate ever, where would you get that idea from?)

In all seriousness, though, we're getting down-to-the-wire when it comes to preparing for Denmark.  I even got my housing invoice email the other day (talk about things getting real).  I'm excited, and nervous (see: dark, overcast, quiet, cold city), about the whole thing and it's kind of weird that it's actually becoming a reality.

Kobnhavn, here I come,
Rachel Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!