- If he's wearing a bow-tie:
- And looks like Doctor Who or a lumberjack: hipster.
- And looks like Blaine Anderson: probably gay.
- If he compliments your taste in music: probably a hipster.
- UNLESS it's Lady Gaga, Cher, or Madonna, in which case, probably gay.
- If he admits to appreciating Carly Rae Jepsen un-ironically: either gay or a frat boy, but definitely not a hipster
- If he's at a museum:
- With his mother: avoid at all costs.
- With his girlfriend: hipster (and likely whipped)
- With his boyfriend: gay (duh)
- If he's wearing a "SOME __ MARRY ___. GET OVER IT." t-shirt: gay. Or just awesome. Or both.
Tune in again for "Nerd or Hipster" when I tell you how to know if that guy in the wolf t-shirt is doing so ironically or because he's a member of a one-man wolfpack.
Best of luck,