Monday, February 1, 2010

On Television and Computers

Let us take a moment and mourn the loss of my "t" key on my laptop. Luckily, I have a spare peripheral keyboard in my room for just such emergencies. It is not quite as portable, but you live with what you've got, eh?

Anyway, I'd like to use this post to make a plug for one of my favorite TV shows. I am a huge fan of the Big Bang Theory. It takes a certain kind of person to really appreciate the lunatics in that cast, but I watch it and I really can't stop laughing.

Today's episode was hilarious. Sheldon Cooper, a socially-stagnant physics genius with the emotional maturity of a five-year-old, got stuck trying to figure out why electrons behave as if they have no mass. His resulting attempts to work through his mental block were rather comical, including a scene in which he decided to break into the local Chuck E. Cheese-type establishment and to use the balls in the ball pit to model carbon atoms.

I think it's actually pretty sad how many people I know who actually behave that way in many respects. I mean, clearly, no one I know is quite that emotionally stunted, but I know quite a few people who come close.

Explore your inner genius,
Rachel Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!