Sunday, June 5, 2011

On the fact that it's JUNE and I wonder where all the time has gone

My darling readers:

I wonder if there are still any of you out there. If so: hi. I've missed you. It's been well over a month since the last time I posted anything on either this blog or my class blog for 383. It's been over a year since I started this blog, and I guess I should catch you up on what has changed since this time last year.

I have finished my freshman year of college at the University of Richmond, where I attempted a foray into the Greek system that ended rather disappointingly. I made my share of mistakes as well as my share of excellent decisions, not the least of which included interning for a month at the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia, getting a job working in the Digital Scholarship Lab at the University, and pursuing a degree in pouring things into other things. (No, really, I mentioned to one of my friends that I've gotten to be quite good at that, and they have since decided that this is the real reason I pay tuition and spend nine months of the year in Virginia.) I wonder if that counts as an arts degree or a sciences degree.

My 19th birthday passed this Monday, which means...well, pretty much nothing. 19 carries with it neither the satisfaction of becoming an adult, nor the knowledge that you have defeated teenagerdom, does not legally allow you to drink, or rent a car, beach house, or other item which carries a 25-year-old age stipulation. So...it really serves no purpose. But nonetheless, it happened. Hooray. I am a year older and, hopefully, wiser.

It is now summer, a time in which I am working two jobs in an attempt to afford my textbooks and living expenses during the school year. I spend a few hours a day either doing research on colleges for a local college planning company (who helped me out during my college endeavors) or doing random office tasks at the financial planning firm where my mother works. In the betweenhours, when I am not sleeping, watching copious numbers of videos on YouTube, or working, I've been passing my time catching up with old friends, going on Facebook, and being generally derpy.

And that's...just about my life these days. Hopefully the blogging will be more regular. I've missed you guys.

Still missing you,
Rachel Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!