Sunday, January 6, 2013

On Back to School



Going back to school has always been something of a toss-up for me.  On the one hand, the stress levels are definitely not on my list of my favorite things – particularly when I know that I’m going back to a class that I’ve been dreading for years (yes, I’m looking at you, Methods).

But on the other, I find a certain comfort in being back at school – not just in being surrounded by friends and having things to do, although I absolutely miss those things.  And also not just the River City itself, though I am extremely excited to get back to that as well.  But in some ways, I feel comfortable in a classroom in a way that I don’t feel comfortable anywhere else.

It’s one of the few places where I don’t feel like I need to temper myself or work to impress anyone – I can just be open about the things that get me passionate or things that I nerd out about, and not have to worry about being socially awkward.  Outside of the classroom, it takes a very different comfort level for me to act the same way.

On the other hand, back to school means that I have to pack this week, which everyone knows is my least favorite activity.

Good luck to everybody!

Procrastinatorily yours,
Rachel Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!