Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 3: On Slumps

My blogging has yet to hit a slump. Perhaps that's because the rest of my life seems to have run head-first into the wall protecting me from going insane with boredom and isolation.

Let me make this very clear: I cannot stand to be alone. I am terrified of it. There is a long list of things I would rather do than be alone, and it includes getting teeth pulled without an anesthetic, drinking mildly-corrosive acid, and being poked repeatedly with a fork. I think pretty much the only thing I had more than solitude is the idea of being eaten alive by a giant spider. That might be more terrifying. I'm not sure, though. It could be less scary.

Anyway, so for the last three days, I have had no human contact outside of my own mother (and even that has been limited) and a two-minute conversation with my friend from through a ticket-window which was ended when people needed to actually purchase tickets from said window. And this solitude is starting to drive me completely bonkers. I have spent approximately 30 of the last 72 hours doing absolutely nothing, and approximately another 30 sleeping. The remaining 12 hours were spent either walking or in school. Ugh.

I have, decided, however, to fix my slump. I have had some coffee to get my body charged, and have gotten up, gotten cleaned up, and gotten dressed. I took a walk, and if it's the last thing I do, I shall show this slump who is boss. Which is me.

Tomorrow I shall discuss more things.

Don't get in a slump,
Rachel Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!