Wednesday, January 27, 2010

OHDEAR-- On Voices

Hey, my lovely readers (real or metaphorical)!

So I almost went to sleep without posting. That would have been a travesty. I had intended to post after the State of the Union address this evening with some witty critique of things said by Mr. Hope-and-Progress himself, but I really do not have much to say on the matter. Except "Boo off-shore drilling." And "Why does the entire Democratic Party have to give a standing ovation every time the President takes a breath?" I love Barack Obama as much as the next person, but I'd be frustrated if every time I paused for a comma, the room erupted in applause. It delays the next thought.

Anyway, the reason I almost went to sleep without posting was because a friend of mine (he vlogs daily on the YouTube, maybe one day I'll link to his profile so you can meet him and get to know the strange people I have befriended over the years) posted a video tutorial on how to do one's hair and make-up to look like Sailor Moon. I like Sailor Moon. This is not a secret. I would much prefer, however, to be Sailor Jupiter. She's more awesome. But yeah, so then I got distracted by YouTube videos of this girl doing cosmetics tutorials. I really liked her voice. That happens a lot. I'll watch TV shows, movies, listen to songs, and favorite random people on YouTube because I just really like the intonation and musical qualities of their voices. Part of the reason I watch Everyday Italian on the Food Network is the fact that I like the way Giada DiLaurentis pronounces her "cr"s, like in "crust" or "crumbs." It sounds so nice. My favorite part of watching RENT is hearing Jesse L. Martin's voice. It's like butter and warm chocolate and cinnamon all rolled into one. It's literally delicious-sounding.

In case you can't tell, I really like voices. I like using and listening to different voices. I think they're beautiful and funny and fun and awesome.

Listen to the voices in your head (they're often right),
Rachel Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!